Styling: The Zara Striped Sheath Skirt

Zara Striped Sheath Skirt
Horizontal stripes, especially on the bottom half, often receive a bad rep - many shy away from wearing it in fear of appearing too wide. I'm a firm believer that anyone can wear anything, especially when you pair it with the right dose of confidence and attitude. Remember, 95% of pulling off any look is believing you own the look. Clothes only make up the other 5%.

With that being said, let's move on to some styling! From time to time, people seek me out to give them fashion ideas for items they lust for but had no clue how to wear. A few days ago, someone reached out to me on Tumblr and asked me how I would style the Zara Striped Sheath Skirt. I came up with 5-6 looks and decided to put a couple of them on here and garner some feedback from you. Check out the looks and tell me what you think!

Zara Striped Sheath, Pt 1


This look is reflective of the first things I thought of when I saw this skirt. An easy chambray top plus bold red lip and nude sandals. I paired the skirt with a cropped chambray top in this pictorial but I think a boyfriend chambray with the top 3-4 buttons unbuttoned would be a delightful twist. The chunky crystal ring and snow leopard clutch bring an unexpected twist to a pretty normative look. I think its much so classic and chic.


Zara Striped Sheath, Pt 2

I love the idea of wearing a high-waist midi skirt with a cropped top and showing a slight hint of skin. In the previous set, I paired the skirt with a cropped chambray top but this time I liked the idea of pairing it with a loose cropped tee for a more casual look. It reminded me of a summer concert or movies in the park. Maybe brunch and window shopping on an international vacation. I am increasingly obsessed with that lucite box clutch. It's the perfect summer accouterments. 

Zara Striped Sheath, Pt 3

This look is a more work or church friendly look for this skirt. I liked the idea of pairing complimentary yet mismatched striped prints. The mint is a give the perfect bomb of color and the the snakeskin bag is a bold yet classic statement piece. Midi finger rings are all the rage these days so they're a definite must for this look.

Zara Striped Sheath, Pt 4

Zara Striped Sheath, Pt 4 
This last look is a fun date night look. Or maybe just a night on the town filled with cocktails and friends. Vibrant neon, water color heels, and the most jaw-dropping crystal necklace piece to top it all off. This is definitely the look that most describes my personal style.

So... what do you think? Love it? Hate it? Make some slight changes? Let me know what's on your mind!

For more styling points or tips, shoot me an email or send me a message in my Tumblr Ask.

xo,
Jana-Lynn

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts